Growth companies must expand their finance, tax, treasury, and technology management at the same time as they handle the increased demands of customer service, sales, and production.
I partner with business owners and their management teams to streamline their financial processes, improving their company’s operational efficiencies resulting in improved profitability. Each company presents unique challenges and opportunities, and I enjoy working with my clients to:
- Identify and mitigate financial and business risks
- Enhance financial reporting across an organization to provide timely accurate information
- Improve processes and controls to better monitor operations
- Develop KPIs that truly reflect the business and identify opportunities
- Select and integrate computer systems to improve operations and productivity
- Evaluate compensation plans to ensure they are aligned with the organization’s goals
- Develop insurance programs that significantly reduce overall insurance costs and mitigate risk
- Build working relationships with financial institutions to establish and restructure credit facilities
- Conduct financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
I have over 30 years of financial leadership experience as a chief financial officer and consultant with startup, public, and private companies. My work extends across a range of industries with a focus on automation equipment production and service, healthcare, real estate, and insurance. As a senior-level financial executive, I have personally led or delivered the following:
- Development and implementation of processes and controls required by a startup organization
- Due diligence of several transactions including the successful sale of a company with $35 million in sales, a $50 million acquisition, and the divestiture of three operating units with consolidated sales of over $80 million
- Establishing owner-controlled insurance programs (OCIP) and captive insurance company to significantly reduce overall insurance costs
- Identifying and mitigating financial and business risks, establishing and monitoring all financial policies and controls, and coordination of all financial and regulatory audits
- Restructuring of systems and processes to improve productivity resulting in reductions in production and administrative staff ranging from 20% to 40%
- Negotiations with investment bankers and potential investors as part of a private placement that raised $12.5 million of equity
- Lead a troubled company though financial workout and structured an outcome that was acceptable to all stakeholders
- Reorganizing financial structures to accurately meet strict compliance and reporting requirements, including required processes and controls to comply with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
I joined the Florida CFO Group in 2019. I have over 30 years of experience in management and financial leadership as a CFO, strategic consultant, budget director, and accountant. I earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Central Connecticut State University and an MBA from the University of Hartford. I have also earned multiple certifications, including certified public accountant, certified management accountant, certified financial manager, and chartered global management accountant.
Professional Experience: Strategic Planning, Management, Finance, Forecasting, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Mergers and Acquisitions, Leadership, Team Building, and Process Improvement.